Five Fact Friday 7th July: Downsizing.
Here are 5 verifiable facts from this week’s housing news, hitting housing hardest.
- HMRC May 2023 property transactions down 25/27% Year on year https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/monthly-property-transactions–completed-in-the-uk-with-value-40000-or-above/uk-monthly-property-transactions-commentary
- Halifax HPI biggest annual house price falls in 12 years: https://www.halifax.co.uk/assets/pdf/june-2023-house-price-index.pdf
- Zoopla House Values article reports Up and Down!? : https://www.zoopla.co.uk/discover/property-news/value-of-housing
- Sale fall throughs 20% higher than average so far this year at: 6,421. The 2023 running weekly average is 5,189. https://propertyindustryeye.com/property-sales-fall-throughs-remain-high-amid-growing-concerns-for-estate-agents/
- BestAgent All Homes Index ‘Unsold to Sold’ ratio breaks 5:1 https://bestagent.news/country/england/